Looking for your outdoor community?
The Flatlanders Club is a social club devoted to all things adventure. We love hiking, biking, camping, paddling, picnicking, star gazing, and all things outside. The club is open to all individuals who want to get outside and play with other like minded outdoor adventurers.
We may be located in the flatlands, but that doesn't stop us from enjoying all of the outdoor recreation and hidden gems the Midwest has to offer! As a Flatlander, you'll join other club members on events planned exclusively for the Flatlanders Club. We will go on adventures near and far, as well as get together for social events and meetups.
Lifetime Membership: $50.00
Benefits of Membership
Champaign Outdoors will plan and host special events open exclusively to Flatlanders Club members. We'll go on hikes, bike rides, camping trips, brewery tours, social outings, and more. You'll even be invited to join the Flatlanders Club private Facebook group where you can get it touch with other club members to plan gatherings, get a group together for a spontaneous hike, or just chat about your favorite adventures.
Upcoming Flatlanders Club Events
- Annual Camping TripFri, Jul 31Dunewood Campground
- Adventure Movie NightThu, Feb 27Champaign OutdoorsFeb 27, 2020, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PMChampaign Outdoors, 2017A S Neil St, Champaign, IL 61820, USAJoin us for a movie night with Patagonia! We will be screening a film that will bring out the adventurous spirit in anyone. Feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks- bonus points if they are “adventure” themed!
- Kilimanjaro TalksMon, Feb 24Champaign OutdoorsFeb 24, 2020, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PMChampaign Outdoors, 2017A S Neil St, Champaign, IL 61820, USAJoin us as KiliTreks Tanzania owner and senior guide, Wilfred Moshi, visits us at the store to chat about our upcoming Mt. Kilimanjaro Trek this August. Wilfred will talk about his experiences as a guide and climber, and share what to expect during our trek to the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro.
- Bouldering NightSun, Feb 23Urbana BouldersFeb 23, 2020, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PMUrbana Boulders, 1502 N Cunningham Ave, Urbana, IL 61802, USAJoin the Flatlanders for a night of climbing and bouldering at Urbana Boulders! Rock Climbing is a great fitness activity because it gives you cardio and strength building in one workout. Also, anyone at any fitness level can do it!
- Kilimanjaro TalksSat, Feb 22Champaign OutdoorsFeb 22, 2020, 5:00 PM – 6:00 PMChampaign Outdoors, 2017A S Neil St, Champaign, IL 61820, USAJoin us as KiliTreks Tanzania owner and senior guide, Wilfred Moshi, visits us at the store to chat about our upcoming Mt. Kilimanjaro Trek this August. Wilfred will talk about his experiences as a guide and climber, and share what to expect during our trek to the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro.
- Flatlanders Holiday PartySun, Dec 15Champaign Outdoors
- CU Able HikeSun, Sep 22Sangamon River Forest Preserve
- Pup HikeSun, Sep 15Homer Lake Forest PreserveSep 15, 2019, 10:00 AMHomer Lake Forest Preserve, 2573 S Homer Lake Rd, Homer, IL 61849, USADue to forecasted thunderstorms, the Pup Hike today has been CANCELLED. We have rescheduled this event for October 20th. Join us for our first ever Pup Hike at Homer Lake where we'll hit the trails with our best friends in tow.
- The Great Plains: America’s Newest Longest TrailThu, Sep 05Champaign Outdoors
- Adventure Travel Info NightThu, Aug 15Champaign Outdoors