Annual Camping Trip
Time & Location
About the Event
Join the Flatlanders for our First Annual Camping Trip. We'll be heading to Indiana Dunes State Park for a weekend of outdoor fun!
NOTICE: Attending this event with Champaign Outdoors is only available to Flatlanders Club members. For more information about the club and how to become a member, please visit champaignoutdoors.com/flatlanders.
Flatlanders 2020 Camping Trip Details:
When: Friday, July 31st- Sunday August 2nd. Option to stay 1 or 2 nights
Where: Dunewood Campground at Indiana Dunes National Park
Booking information for Dunewood campground: https://www.nps.gov/indu/planyourvisit/campgrounds.htm
- $25.00 per night camping fee (expanded amenity fee).
- Sites 1 - 34 are reservable at recreation.gov starting six months in advance of the check-in date. Sites are reservable beginning on November 15 for the following camping season.
- Sites 35 - 67 are first come, first served. No advance registration. Sites are paid for at the campground entrance automated kiosk.
- Credit, debit and gift cards (MasterCard, Visa and Discover) accepted.
- No cash or checks accepted.
- 50% discount for the following “America the Beautiful” Passes- The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands passes: Senior Annual, Senior Lifetime, and Access Passes.
To secure your campsite, you can start to book on Friday, 1/31 for Friday night reservations or Saturday, 2/1 for Saturday reservations.
After the reservable sites are booked, there will be first come, first serve sites available the day of for people who may join later, or if you’re not sure if you’re able to go but decide to go later.
· Arrive at your leisure. We’ll have a walk on the lakeshore at sunset. After sunset, we’ll have a campfire and s’mores
· 9 am: We will start the 3 Loop Trail https://www.nps.gov/indu/planyourvisit/wb16.htm
· We’ll stop for a picnic lunch by the lakeshore
· Afternoon is open to explore.
· Cook dinner at the campsite. We’ll have a campfire and s’mores after sunset. Feel free to bring cards, games, musical instruments, etc.
· 10 am: Choice to join the 3 Dune Challenge at Indiana Dunes State Park before departing.
There will be a detailed list of what to bring to follow. You will be responsible for your own food and drinks.